LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Replacing A Trickle Filter For A Canister

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Replacing A Trickle Filter For A Canister

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mattz fish 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mattz fish
    Participant

Hi. I have an aquaone ar980 with a trickle filter. Because I keep it in my bedroom I would like to replace the filter with something quieter. Im thinking of getting a canister filter but am unsure of how to make the transition. I have seen many of these tanks with canisters and so was wondering how many of you did it. Also if you can recommend a quieter form of filtration apart from trickle or canister please do so.
    Thanks
    Matt

Bully
    Participant

The only filtration I can imagine being quieter than a canister is an internal filter, although I would always recommend the canister filter first. The transition should be relatively easy, take all the filter media that exists in the trickle filter and place it into the canister filter, it shouldn’t be a problem provided you purchase a large enough canister filter /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Mattz fish
    Participant

I think you’re right about the internal filter, I have one in a smaller tank, but is there much difference in noise. I am looking at a canister filter rated “very quiet” so I might get that and see how it goes. Would you say that canister filters are the second quietest filter?
    Thanks heaps.
    Matt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.