LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Request: Mesonoemacheilus remadevii 2002

Home Forums Ichthyology Request: Mesonoemacheilus remadevii 2002

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nikhil 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Shaji, C. P. 2002. Mesonoemacheilus remadevii (Pisces: Balitoridae. Nemeacheilinae) from Silent Valley National Park, Kerala. Indian Journal of Fisheries v. 49 (no. 2): 217-221.

Can anyone help, por favor?

Stefan, what do you think about having a separate subforum for these request threads?

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ May 1 2011, 05:59 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Stefan, what do you think about having a separate subforum for these request threads?

I’d keep just the 1 forum

Matt
    Keymaster

Cool.

Stefan

I thought I had the paper you request here, but ‘had’ appears to be the keyword…sorry!

Matt
    Keymaster

Boo.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

If you get them could you forward them on please Matt

joyban
    Participant

Hi

Just give me a few days I will arrange for these papers.

Regards

Sujoy

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Sujoy, that would be wonderful, thank you!

joyban
    Participant

Sent the 1st Paper on Mesonoemacheilus remadevii

Nemacheilus periyarensis — Paper on the way…

joyban
    Participant

FISHES OF THE GENUS NEMACHEILUS (BLEEKER 1863) IN KERALA WITH DESCRIPTION OF A NEW SPECIES, NEMACHEILUS PERIYARENSIS
    Author Kurup, B. M. & Radhakrishnan, K. V.
    JOURNAL- BOMBAY NATURAL HISTORY SOCIETY 2005, VOL 102(1) Jan-April 2005 (pages 75- 78 )

Accepted October, 2002
    School Of Industrial Fisheries, Chocin University of Science and Technology

Fishes of the genus Nemacheilus ( Bleeker 1863) are represented by 10 species in Kerala. During the fish species inventory surveys carried out in Periyar lake, three specimens of this genus collected were different in morpho-meristic characters and colour pattern from the species hitherto described. The new species is named Nemacheilus periyarensis after the water body from where it was collected. A key to the species of genus Nemacheilus reported from Kerala is given with a detailed description of the new species.

Regards

Sujoy

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice one Sujoy!

Matt
    Keymaster

Has anyone read this yet? The image of the type specimen is upside down and the line drawing is amazing – M. remadevii apparently looks like a porpoise with barbels!

random2
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ May 15 2011, 08:10 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Has anyone read this yet? The image of the type specimen is upside down and the line drawing is amazing – M. remadevii apparently looks like a porpoise with barbels!

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks Deepak, will use the key of course. There’s also some useful info in Rema Devi and Indra (2002).

By admission of the principal author, there are several mistakes in that book you mention. Still useful to have it though.

Nikhil
    Participant

Hi Sujoy,

Can I have a copy of both the papers?

[email protected]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.