LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Retirement

Home Forums The Lounge Retirement

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Richy 10 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

I know this may sound a little premature at just 33, but I keep thinking about where I want to retire to when the time comes. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

geordie John
    Participant

Now then Jarcave,
    I’m feeling very old myself right now I fell off a wall last week and my heads still throbbin and last night a bus ran over my foot as well as obtaining a few more bumps ! I think I’d better retire to a bunker or a bunk bed LoL .I always fancied NZ or Canada also but think I’ll be stickin local near amenities and folk I know.
    All the best,
    G.J.

Richy
    Participant

if I don’t change my lifestyle I won’t make it to retirement age /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />
    In all honesty i don’t think of retirement much but I should. Where ever I end up it will have to have a good lfs nearby /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />
    I do have a plan but not in the position to carry it out right now

Malti
    Participant

33 already thinking about retirement….man you’re making me feel older than my 27…soon I’ll be an old geezer

ulster exile

I want to go home, but I think I’d like to find a nice house in the country, maybe near the Mourne Mountains or up in the Antrim Glens somewhere (preferably near the Bushmills Distillery

Eyrie
    Participant

Put me in the “happy where I am” category. Only issue is that I’m on the first floor, which could be a real problem down the line

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (geordie John @ Aug 9 2008, 07:26 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Now then Jarcave,
    I’m feeling very old myself right now I fell off a wall last week and my heads still throbbin and last night a bus ran over my foot as well as obtaining a few more bumps ! I think I’d better retire to a bunker or a bunk bed LoL .I always fancied NZ or Canada also but think I’ll be stickin local near amenities and folk I know.
    All the best,
    G.J.

Hope you recover soon mate. I always fancy visiting NZ. I love fly fishing, and their local vino after all so maybe I’ll have to check it out and take a holiday there.

geordie John
    Participant

Now then Jarcave,
    I’m still hoppin and cursin LoL,I think it is age unfortunately !
    My neigborough (never can spell that word ) moved to NZ ,his wife got a job but he couldnt take local rates !! what a shame !! so he spends his time fishing ….straight off a shelf, he can catch shark from the rocks

keith565
    Participant

my retirement is all planned, if all goes well.
    we have a holiday apartment in Gran Canaria and we are planning on selling that when i’m 55 (only 44 at the mo) and buying a house with a pool. it all should come together, but you know what they say about the best laid plans.
    then i want to start a breeding programme for tropical fish. just to supplement my pension.
    so fingers crossed guys. and you are all welcome to stay (not all at once mind you)

Little Lamb
    Participant

A few years ago I spent a week in a house, in a remote area of South West England (don’t ask me where I can’t remember /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> ). Probably to somewhere semi-rural, where I can look out of my window and see countryside rather than terraced houses (I hate that loads). I’d love to be able to walk for miles, ride horses, read, sketch and watch sunrises till my hearts content /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Little Lamb @ Aug 11 2008, 11:26 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    A few years ago I spent a week in a house, in a remote area of South West England (don’t ask me where I can’t remember /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> ). Probably to somewhere semi-rural, where I can look out of my window and see countryside rather than terraced houses (I hate that loads). I’d love to be able to walk for miles, ride horses, read, sketch and watch sunrises till my hearts content

Bluedave
    Participant

south east asia for me – although i might get there sooner rather than later.

brightsyde
    Participant

When I was 16 I spent 6 weeks in the summer working (or playing

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (brightsyde @ Aug 14 2008, 10:50 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    if only for the guys with welsh accents!

Not as good as a northern accent though eh?

Malti
    Participant

welsh accents…on the phone you don’t know if they’re swearing at you or just talking to you

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.