LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Rhinogobius leavelli

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Rhinogobius leavelli

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ferrika 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ferrika
    Participant

For four days I am raising once again a clutch of Rhinogobius leavelli. Unfortunately, I had removed the clutch two days early and was beginning to think nothing will come.
    But …. The larvae are incredibly stable this time, and after 4 days are still living about 1500. I’m curious, how many are still there in 6 days, because they all eat very well and I have a great culture of freshwater Brachionus at this moment . But more than 100 I will probably not be able to raise.

Today while feeding….

Plaamoo
    Participant

Very nice Jutta! I see round bellies. How do you count them?:smile:

Ferrika
    Participant

It’s more of an estimate, Jim. The clutch was about 8000 eggs (2 females). A clutch I really counted (stamped) and the subsequent clutches were still larger.

Yes, today the bellies are round at last. Yesterday I thought, the most of them would not like to eat… but sometimes they need a little more longer time.

Matt
    Keymaster

Amazing, is that quantity of eggs typical of Rhinogobius Jutta?

Ferrika
    Participant

Only for the pelagic species, Matt. The bento pelagic species have between 40 – 100 eggs.

Matt
    Keymaster

That makes sense, thanks. Was wondering how a male could care for so many!

Ferrika
    Participant

Matt, the Male (his Name is “Scarface *g*) is an old man with a widish head. He takes some places for breeding, where he mustn’t do very much, e.g. this flower pot trivet. There he must only rotate and wag a little bit with his dorsale fins 🙂 And the eggs are very, very small (2 mm long and 0,5 mm Ø)

Scarface

Colin
    Participant

That’s an amazing amount of eggs 🙂

Nice looking fish too!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.