LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Rhinogobius yaoshanensis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Rhinogobius yaoshanensis

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ferrika 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Ferrika
    Participant

Jim, as I get my Sineleotris saccharae, I searched for Informations about them and found two sites, where was published, that they are on red list only in China. This is the only information, I could take. My importer got 80 of 300 animals, that where caught. 220 died on the way to exportstation, and then 73 died at my importer. The rest was send to me and then died another 3 animals until I found out the needing of water quality, temperature and as I picked up all the bacteria intolerances. The remaining 4 are doing well now. But it was a pretty stony path.

Mike, I take for R. leavelli € 8, or $ 10. Rhinogobius duospilus dealt with us with 3.5 €. Only the Sineleotris were with us far more expensive with 19.95 € Wholesale price, ie € 60 on sale. (And R. zhoui are very expensive too with € 50 per animal.)

mikev
    Participant

It is very difficult to compare the prices between tank-raised and wild-caught (I take it that I take for refers to the price you charge for the fish you raise yourself?).   Generally, tank-raised is cheaper… as a simple example, the standard price for wild caught danios is $5.. but tank-raised F1’s can be $2.50.

Ferrika, I’m pretty curious about the price on L10A in Europe… would you happen to know?

OK… I probably need to be certified insane but I bid on her loaches. She does not know how to ship — I had to convince her to overnight and still, the fish — just arrived — does not look happy at all, too little water and no oxygenation.   No DOA’s, but I have a bad feeling about how many will remain by tomorrow… 🙁 Hillies that lie on their backs and barely move gills are not inspiring confidence … fingers crossed.

Ferrika
    Participant

Hi Mike,

L10A… between 5 and 25 Euro. Depending on size…

As for the price for my R. leavelli: yes, they are offsprings, but they are more expencive as wild caughts, because I’m the only one, that is breeding this species. For the wild caughts the price is 5 Euro and for my offsprings by me 8 Euro, at retail 12 Euro. And wild caughts come almost just as by-catches to Germany.

Cross my fingers for your unhappy fish. I hope, he will make it….

mikev
    Participant

Thanks Jutta,

(too bad you are not in the US… I’d be most interested in your offsprings!)

The new fish btw is HO1…. I tried to revive them by putting strong airstones right into the bags (hit them with oxygen before it is too late)…after half-hour in a blender they look a bit better… we’ll see tomorrow.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks Jutta. I also searched google for Sineleotris saccharae but found nothing about redlist and very little in general. If you can, pass those sites to me. Keep us posted on the final 4.

Mike, no gobies?? Hope the H01s make it. They appear to be more fragile than other homaloptera but I haven’t lost any yet. How many did you get?

mikev
    Participant

No gobies. Suspicions about all male group and her non-replies on sexing nixed this…. plus there are maybe five other things I want more atm anyway.:oops:

H01: 13 at the moment, I don’t know how many will make it yet.  I actually was not trying to get this many, the auction was for 5, she offered to sell another 5 for the same price, I figured that most will turn out to be smithi’s or like, so I went ahead… and then she added 3 extras. All are H01’s, unexpectedly, and exactly 3 looked quite bad on arrival… so we will see….

I know you mentioned that… you have some (how many?) from last year, right?

Plaamoo
    Participant

Honestly don’t know how many I have. 5 or 6 ?? They hide quite well! That’s(your new ones) the most I’ve heard of in one group. Mine were contaminants picked from several groups of smithi/tweediei. I wish she could get more info from her supplier as to catch point!

mikev
    Participant

Probably the entire shipment was H01… so, yes, knowing the collection point would have been nice but the chances are slim. I may ask her later…let’s see how the fish does first.  I just put the meds in.

Meanwhile, she listed the gobies one more, the last, time… I’m not brave enough after seeing her packing….

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.