LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Rhinogobius zhoui

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Rhinogobius zhoui

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ferrika 6 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

This new goby has been named after Zhou Hang who has contributed quite a few images to our knowledge base. What a stunner!

Pic from this paper.

Attached files

oaken
    Participant

Those are three different species though arent they?

Very nice fish and pics anyway

Matt
    Keymaster

Er, apparently so Gustav. /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

My blushes are saved a little as the program I use to rip images from PDF files considers that a single image so I would have had no choice but to post all three species…possibly with correct names attached though.

pablito
    Participant

Veeeery nice Matt! Would be nice to have a dabble with any of them.

keith565
    Participant

i have to agree with Pablito there, stunning.

caveman
    Participant

It’s been years to Zhou collecting the phenotype. Salute to his never ending stories.

torso
    Participant

Hi all
    as Jutta has already shown here
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/forums/index….37&hl=zhoui
    the colours can vary depending on the habitat and on the mood of course. I’ve got some specimen of the river where Jutta’s came from and would like to show some pics

some speciemn are tiny, the females small and very slim

Cheers Charles

Attached files

torso
    Participant

Hi all

they are still there together with ‘Protomyzon’ pachychilus.

Cheers Charles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TpIOem09GA&feature=youtu.be

Ferrika
    Participant

Hi Charles,
    You have meanwhile Offsprings for? If so, would be interested to know how it is been with you.

torso
    Participant

Hi Jutta

no, no youngsters. The males showed some activity in digging but seemed not very interested in reproducing. As you already remarked. By the way: we have no problems with polyphospates, so it could be interesting to compare. Actually I wait for a friend who wanted to take over some specimen. After that a change of tanks is forseen, in order to give P. pachychilus a chance to spawn. Could take some time.

Cheers Charles

Ferrika
    Participant

So like the same game everywhere. Let’s be honest, but sometimes you get the suspicion that are gay, right?

But with plenty of water changes you can bring the boys into shape … if you want.
    A comparison in water without polyphosphates could actually bring a lot of light into the darkness.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.