LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Ryedale A.s. Christmas Tree

Home Forums The Lounge Ryedale A.s. Christmas Tree

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Wednesday 9th December was spent putting together the Ryedale Aquarist Society Christmas Tree. This is one of over 20 Trees (decorated by local Schools, Church groups, Voluntary Groups etc.) that forms the Pickering Parish Church Christmas Tree Festival 2009 display.

Fish from around the World, and of various habitats, are represented on 27 globes – 2 of which were presented to us by our STAMPS ‘Twinned’ Society . All of our globes were made by sticking two CD discs together. 25 of our globes have a picture of the fish on one side and detailed information about their scientific naming, habitat, endangered status etc. on the other.

To enhance the display the Grandson of one of our members made some fish images out of bits and pieces of painted egg cartons.

For U.K. members who live close to our region of North Yorkshire the Festival (which runs until 28th December) is well worth a visit. To read and see more about this event visit the Ryedale A.S. website at http://www.ryedaleaquaristsociety.co.uk

Matt please note that we did not miss out the Spanish Aphanius.

Regards David

Attached files

Plaamoo
    Participant

Very cool David! I’m assuming there’s also a loach on the tree

Bully
    Participant

QUOTE (plaamoo @ Dec 14 2009, 11:43 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Very cool David! I’m assuming there’s also a loach on the tree /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey plaamoo

Yes a Chain botia, as Bully noted, is just below the Cherry barb.

I hope to obtain some photographs of the tree with the Christmas lights in full glow so watch this space.

Regards David

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Here are a few more images from the Christmas Tree Festival

Attached files

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.