LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Salaria fluviatilis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Salaria fluviatilis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luigi 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Luigi
    Participant

thanks for the tip! Luckily I was using only methylene blue. 3 days at full dose now without any side effect

Plaamoo
    Participant

That’s interesting Charles. I’m assuming flubenol is flubendazole? Have you had trouble with it and any other fish? I’ve never seen any reaction with any of mine.

torso
    Participant

That’s right, Jim. I lost about a hundert Salarias of 3 cm and some from last year going together in a 240 litre tank.

Cheers Charles

torso
    Participant

Some pics of the “lost generation” at home in a 240 litres-tank.

DSC_4824.JPG

CSC_4841.jpg

DSC_4807.JPG

CSC_4838.jpg

CSC_4839.jpg

DSC_4823.JPG

DSC_4834.JPG

CSC_4893.jpg

Always hungry

Cheers Charles

mikev
    Participant

Nice! Are these from your recent arrivals?

torso
    Participant

Fry from June Mike.

Cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

Have you bred it finally Charles? I recently discovered there is a population near to where we are living now (Málaga), so my intention is to go and find it soon. 

torso
    Participant

I wouldn’t choose the word for the method described above. Wasn’t my work only as I couldn’t stay there all the time.

The intent was to see, if it could work with the lake-water and some food for the existing Brachionus.

By the was: the yolk-powder is tricky, water-quality can deteriorate quickly.

Would be interesting to see how spanis secimen look like.

Cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

Here is one from the Valencia region. :)

Salaria-fluv.jpg

torso
    Participant

Well fed, Matt.

Less colourful?

Matt
    Keymaster

Yes, very brown. :) This was in the middle of August so I think the males would not be in breeding condition at that time though?

torso
    Participant

Would be very late for the Swiss lakes. Water temperature is certainly limiting the food offered in September/October. Situation in Spain can be different.

The pic shows certainly not a dominant male, judging by the specimen I’ve seen here.

Cheers Charles

illustrator
    Participant

A very late addition: the loach from Maggiore would be Cobitis bilineata rather than C. taenia. Both species are extremely similar but in males of C. bilineata the dark spots “connect” in the breeding season to form two continuous lines, hence the name.

torso
    Participant

I don’t know, what you are referring to, but C. bilineata is not on any list of Swiss freshwater fishes.  As long as they stay in the Italian part of the sea? Wink

Cheers Charles

Luigi
    Participant

I have very bad news, I had moved my Salaria group outside for the winter break around 1 month ago in a large tank with gasterosteus aculeatus. Everything looked fine until yesterday, I found them all dead (not the stickleback, they are fine). Water temperature was oscillating in these days between 7 and 4 degrees. I have no idea of what happened. RIPConfused 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.