LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Salvinia Natans

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Salvinia Natans

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ulster exile 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

I need some floating plants and have seen this available, But it spreads rapidly apparently. Does anyone keep it? How fast will it spread in a tank with medium lighting?

Richy
    Participant

if you have look here it gives a few conditions for the plant Tropica
    Look through the species list on the right

ulster exile

Not quite as fast as duckweed, but pretty fast nonetheless!

You can have some of mine – I have to clear a net’s worth most week from my big tank!

mickthefish
    Participant

yup i’ve had it in some of my tanks, it gives good cover and does’nt send roots to far down.
    i prefer indian fern but the roots can reach down a fair distance but great if you have any fry in the tank.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

I like Salvina and have used it in loads of my tanks. It grows like stink but I always found it to be far more manageable than duckweed as the leaves are bigger and grow in chains making it easy to remove. If you order online you´ll probably get a few big chunks of plant with wavy, comblike leaves. I think they´re like this because they´re grown outdoors or something as they tend to send out chains of much smaller, round leaves once they start growing. I also agree with everything that Mick said about Indian fern (Ceratopteris)!

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (ulster exile @ Aug 19 2008, 09:31 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Not quite as fast as duckweed, but pretty fast nonetheless!

You can have some of mine – I have to clear a net’s worth most week from my big tank!

Hi, I’ll gladly buy some from you. PM me with details.

Cheers
    Jared

P.S Thanks for the replies.

ulster exile

Buy what I chuck? No, just pm me your address and I’ll stick some in an envelope for you!

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (ulster exile @ Aug 21 2008, 05:55 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Buy what I chuck? No, just pm me your address and I’ll stick some in an envelope for you!

Thanks very much mate. PM sent.

dunc
    Keymaster

UE see PM..

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Aug 22 2008, 11:18 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    UE see PM.. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

He’s a Geordie Jared….owt for free…. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

UE = Ulster Exile /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Jarcave
    Participant

UE received today. Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

dunc
    Keymaster

Ditto, you’re a legend UE

Jarcave
    Participant

Well, the Salvinia natans that Ulster Exile very kindly gave me is now spreading very well. If any other forum members want some gratis, PM me and I’ll post you some. Thanks again UE.

All the best

Jared

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.