LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Scarlet Badis

Home Forums The Lounge Scarlet Badis

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  oaken 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

wirralbull

can anyone suggest to me where to get hold of these aswell as some other rarer species. i like anything small. the smaller the better really particularly hara jerdoni. borasas micros, brigittae scarlet badis etc etc i live on the wirral near liverpool in england. my local fish shop can get hold of alot of these fish from abroad but has to buy them in large quantities.

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi, just shifted this as it doesn’t really fit in the freshwater forum.

Are you looking for a private breeder or shop?

Colin
    Participant

what is a scarlet Badis? What species?

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Colin @ Jan 11 2012, 07:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    what is a scarlet Badis? What species?

wirralbull

yes its dario dario i dont mind if the fish come from breeder or shop as long as theyr healthy.

Colin
    Participant

ah okay – i have them from time to time – the real trick is in getting females! You can order 50 and only get 2 or 3 females at most sometimes!

BigTom
    Participant

The number of threads I see about people looking for female Dario, you’d think someone would tell the collectors there is actually a demand for them.

oaken
    Participant

Indeed. Funnily enough about a year ago I ordered 10 Dario sp. “Red” (or something along those lines) I figured they were Dario hysginon. Turned out they were Dario dario so I was pretty pissed off at first. After a while I noticed I got 3 females out of those 10 fish which I thought was pretty remarkable.

BigTom
    Participant

They had some very young Dario hysginon in one of the shops in Edinburgh which I was tempted to pick up (only 3 left) on the basis that they probably weren’t sexable and might include a female or two.

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (BigTom @ Jan 12 2012, 06:47 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    They had some very young Dario hysginon in one of the shops in Edinburgh which I was tempted to pick up (only 3 left) on the basis that they probably weren’t sexable and might include a female or two.

Dario hysginon are really hard to sex properly even when they’re adult as the subdominant males take on the females colour.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.