LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Schismatogobius ampluvinculus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Schismatogobius ampluvinculus

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mikev 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

Is anything known about breeding of these?

There is an article at TFH, no breeding info I could find.

Matt
    Keymaster

Not that I know of Mike. This is one that is definitely on my list to keep though!

We found an unidentified Schismatogobius in northern Peninsular Malaysia last year – nowhere near the sea so am guessing that reproduction occurs entirely in freshwater.

torso
    Participant

Jutta should know more, Mike. The website has been closed for non-members and even when registrated, you have to post there in order to see the complete content.

Cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

Here is the fish and its habitat. Caught together with a bunch of stuff including Homaloptera and Glyptothorax spp.

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

mikev
    Participant

Interesting… I did not realize they come from the same environment… probably like current too.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yes, definitely.

mikev
    Participant

Thanks…. I’m having a bit of cold feet here (I kept Schismatogobius sp. before, they lasted maybe 1.5 years)… if I dare I’ll make sure to bug Jutta too.,..

Ferrika
    Participant

Late, but hopefully not too late :-)

I will today receive a group Schismatogobius. What species exactly, I do not know yet, there seem to be several. So I’m just tripped over this post. :-)

I have until 2 years Schismatogobius marmoratus kept, which have multiplied completely unnoticed in my aquarium. I have inserted 3 animals at the end and 5 found :-) Unfortunately I have not notice anything, so I can not say more than that they breed in fresh water.

mikev
    Participant

Not too late…. actually another vendor got them (also says Schismatogobius ampluvinculus, but who knows), at a more reasonable price, so thinking.

(Space is a real problem now, new fish and even worse, new fry).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.