LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Schistura Kohchangensis ?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Schistura Kohchangensis ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I got six of these a few months back and spotted a couple more lurking in the back of a tank in the same shop a couple of weeks ago, I think they are Schistura kohchangensis but not 100%. The colour difference between the two fish is quite striking and the red coloured fish has lost that intensity but still has a feint red shade to it so I am hoping this maybe a sexual difference?

Matt
    Keymaster

Whatever they are they’re a lovely Schistura Mark. I’ll root out my Kottelat book in the morning (sure you’ve already done the same).

Mark Duffill
    Participant

They are a nice fish Matt and peaceful as well, they don’t particularly like each other company all that much, they will tolerate each other for a while and then one will just move or chase the other but they don’t go out of their way to chase each other. They are first to the surface to bite any fingers that go into the tank as well so they are not shy /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” />

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.