LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Schistura udomritthiruji

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Schistura udomritthiruji

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Described in a paper published this week, named in honour of Kamphol Udomritthiruj. Also a pic of the type locality near Kapoe, Ranong Province, southern Thailand. Also type locality of Akysis pulvinatus and other syntopic species were Schistura robertsi, Homaloptera smithi, Hara filamentosa, Mastacembelus armatus and a goby species. PH ~ 8, water temp 29.3°C. It’s only been collected from one other stream and both flow directly into the Andaman Sea.

Pics and info from: Bohlen, J and V. Šlechtová: Schistura udomritthiruji, a new loach from southern Thailand (Cypriniformes: Nemacheilidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters 20(4): 319–324.

Attached files

Thomas

Matt, thanks for sharing, this is a very nice Schistura!
    Is there even a pic of the new Pangio?

Bye,
    Thomas

Matt
    Keymaster

Might be. /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> By the way, quick question; any opinions on whether I can go to jail for posting these?

Ref: Britz, R. and M. Kottelat. 2009: Pangio longimanus, a miniature species of eel-loach from Central Laos (Teleostei: Cypriniformes: Cobitidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters 20(4): 371–376

Attached files

Thomas

I can wait

Matt
    Keymaster

You’re welcome and yeah check out the elongated pectorals on the male!

Thomas

Thanks Matt, it looks like the male has a bit red in caudale and the female beneath don’t. I wonder is it really a coloured fin or something else?

My old anguillaris male has a bit similar elongated pectorals but of course I haven’t such a good photo of it. But you can see the thickened ray

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.