LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Searching for wild betta

Home Forums The Lounge Searching for wild betta

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Delicia 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Delicia
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m searching for a male and female ¬†pair of each of the following; Emerald and Crescent Smaragdina wild betta.

My purpose is to attempt to build up the population of these fish that are getting harder to find in the wild. Inter breeding with introduced Splendens is weakening the wild species as well as over harvesting and pollution. I would like to start with these 2 species and then go onto other wild betta species in trouble.

I am looking for healthy specimens, fairly young {3 to 6 months old as I won’t breed until warmer weather} and true to form and color.

I am having one heck of a time trying to find these species. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Oh. One other thing. Any fish that need to be ordered through a place like Aqua Bid is out of the question for me. It is cost prohibitive for my budget therefore any leads must be here in the continental USA.

Thank you for reading and any help you can give for me to succeed with my mission.

Kind Regards, 

~D~Kiss

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.