LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sera Biotop Nano Cube 60

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Sera Biotop Nano Cube 60

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bully 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Daddyfish
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m looking to replace the pain in the a*** biUbe tank my son has and was looking to replace it with this tank. Has anyone used or had any experience of one?

Sera (Official Website) – Biotop Nano Cube 60

Biotop Nano Cube 60 Manual/Instructions

Thanks in advance!

Bully
    Participant

I have my marines in an identical tank – although mine is Orca branded, and the filter has been removed. The style of tank (regardless of brand name) is well proven and is very popular amongst nano-marine keepers. Personally, the bow-front is too pronounced for my liking, and in the New Year I will be swapping the marines into the tank my puffers are currently in. The built-in filter may look magnified when looking at it from the front. If you can, find a lfs that has one full of water so that you can see the magnifying effect. As I say, it’s a personal thing, I’m not a fan of bow-fronted tanks. Given the option, I would opt for a standard rectangular tank and add an external filter. External filters are simply so much better than any type of internal filter, not only in terms of performance but for maintenance too.

If you have the space, and the cash, go for the biggest tank you can. It’s almost inevitable in this hobby that you will look to upgrade soon after buying your next tank

Daddyfish
    Participant

QUOTE (Bully @ Nov 25 2010, 04:13 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The built-in filter may look magnified when looking at it from the front.

Hi Bully,

The built in filter is hidden behind the back wall isn’t it, I thought only the outlet pipe was showing? If that’s what you’re referring to then I’d rather see that than a full internal filter and heater cluttering up the tank! /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Bully
    Participant

Yes, the filter pump is hidden behind the internal wall. My issue with these style of tanks – Interpet
    ‘s River Reef is another example – is that due to the bow front, everything at the back of the tank is really magnified and the depth perception is all out of whack as a result. As I said previously though, it is a personal preference and many folks don’t have the same problem with bow fronted tanks

Author
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.