LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sewellia elongata

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Sewellia elongata

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked 4 of these up last week labelled as Sewellia elongata, these are big at well over 70mm TL. There were several more large ones in the tank but all the rest were over 50mm TL

Shankar

You are lucky to get quite a few Balitorids. Nice find!

Matt
    Keymaster

Cool to see adults about. Were they expensive at that size Mark (don’t need the exact price obviously, and I mean the standard price not whatever you paid

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Just under £10 each Matt, Neil is getting wise to the jedi mind tricks now, although saying that I did get a free loach and 2 free spiny eels

Menu
    Participant

Beautiful fish Mark, they have a very good size!

Any signs of the yellow bordered fins in this size??

Hokum
    Participant

Very nice fish, They seem much wider than lineolata with smaller finnage?

You seem to get the cream of the Balitorids. Oddly my local [email protected] got some nice looking pseudogastromyzon so I assume they’ll all be dead by now… I refuse to buy anything alive from them. I’d take their hand off if it was another supplier.

I just need a larger tank… and one my little lad can’t sabotage!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Now they have settled you can see the yellow edging albeit faded somewhat, you can just make it out on the pelvic fins in a couple of the chots and you can just make it out on the lower fish in the second photo.

Hokum – I will be honest and admit that I have bought fish from [email protected]

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.