LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sewellia fry

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Menu 5 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Cute! Will you raise them Jim?

Plaamoo
    Participant

I’ve been dumping them in a 10 gal shrimp/fry tank and letting the strong survive. There are 15-20 growing in there now from 1/4-1″. They quit breeding for a few months and lately I’ve been finding 1 or 2 per water change. Yesterday there were 15.

2 older fry that I’ve moved.

Hokum
    Participant

Nice I’ve managed to get 3 to about 2-3cm’s.

Btw I’m still not certain the female is Lineolata. Her head is very streamlined and i’ve since been to the LFS and none of the Lineo’s have had this tight spotted pattern.

Matt
    Keymaster

Can you grab a photo or two of young and adult female Hokum? Should be interesting to chart their progress if they do turn out to be different…

Hokum
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 21 2012, 08:31 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Can you grab a photo or two of young and adult female Hokum? Should be interesting to chart their progress if they do turn out to be different…

I had better clean my tank glass then

Artem
    Participant

QUOTE (Hokum @ Mar 1 2012, 12:58 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I had better clean my tank glass then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4td6fNLizyA…eature=youtu.be

Plaamoo
    Participant

I’ve been under the impression that s. lineolata took some time to sexually mature. I just found this little one in a tank with semi-adult fry that are no more than 1 year old. The same ones pictured a few posts above by me. The parents are at most 1 1/4 inches. Surprised me!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z229/bigsky_photos/DSC_4594.jpg

mikev
    Participant

Congratulations with becoming a grandfather!

These things are sexual maniacs, I’ve seen 3 month old making passes…. not very surprising.

Here is my latest suspect non-lineolata baby btw:

http://www.micropress-inc.com/fishpic/sandwichfry-spot.jpg

This may be really not a lineolata…. besides the pattern it seems to grow at a slower rate.

Jrp
    Participant

Congratulations, plaamoo!

I have two approaching that size but have yet to see any spawning type behavior. I’ll keep watching them.

To mikev:

It will be interesting to see what that grows up to be. At the rate they grow, it may take awhile to find out.

Menu
    Participant

IMG_3857d-4.jpgIMG_3843d-4.jpgIMG_3846d-4.jpgIMG_3848d-4.jpgIMG_3822d-3.jpg

Finally I get some pics of the S.”lineolata” fry with the strange head shape and markings.
    Never see something like that before!
    The head shape remind me a bit on S.marmorata.

Matt
    Keymaster

Interesting – looks like a little Pterygoplichthys! Which Sewellia spp. are in that tank Manuel?

Menu
    Participant

Yes very strange.
    In the tank are: S.lineolata, S.sp.spotted, S.elongata and S.speciosa.
    Maby it’s just a malformation?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.