LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Shop Tour Ne

Home Forums The Lounge Shop Tour Ne

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Adam 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Adam
    Participant

Just thought I would let you guys know that there is a review of the Tyne and Wear area in this months PFK. (For those of you left up North).
    They dont seem to get up there too often

They checked out

1) North East Marines
    2) Peter Barratts
    3) Betta Aquaria
    4) Dobbies Garden Centre

Fairly predicatble assessment IMO
    (Still worth a read though)

dunc
    Keymaster

/wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Oh dear what a predictable list. They had a thread going on their forum about this and I suggested the Tropical Team and Cyber Aquatics. Betta is a pure s**thole imo. I’m shifting this to the lounge btw.

keith565
    Participant

crikey, they missed quite a few out, and the better ones in my opinion.

Eyrie
    Participant

Same when they covered Edinburgh. Two that I wouldn’t touch with a bargepole, a garden centre without a clue and the fourth one was almost in Dundee!

Richy
    Participant

I agree, they missed alot of shops /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    My personal LFS for trops in the NE is GLS (Garden & Landscape Solutions) on the grounds of Mickley Garden Centre(just past Prudhoe), Northumberland. Tanks nice and clean, healthy livestock and knowlegable friendly staff who won’t sell you anything you don’t need /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />
    My friend has a shop in Dunston but I heard he’s swayed more into reptiles lately and I haven’t been in for a while so can’t confirm what it’s like, must be about 4-5 month since i was there.
    Dobbies, was about 1 yr ago when i was there but I wasn’t impressed and wasn’t that keen on P Barrats either

Adam
    Participant

QUOTE(dunc @ Apr 12 2008, 08:22 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

They said they had just upgraded the filtration I think I remember someone suggesting something similar once?

I dont get back that often but I agree there was ALOT they missed out and some they didnt but perhaps should have

Adam
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Apr 12 2008, 08:31 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oh dear what a predictable list. They had a thread going on their forum about this and I suggested the Tropical Team and Cyber Aquatics. Betta is a pure s**thole imo. I’m shifting this to the lounge btw.
    Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.