LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Shops

Home Forums The Lounge Shops

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bigbadbaz 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ndc
    Participant

ill be going from newcastle to manchester (collecting something at the airport) for the day in a couple of weeks – is there any really good shops – either on the way/back or in manchester that will be relatively easy to find , ill be at the airport for a couple of hours so will have time to visit a couple of shops – can go down a1 then across past leeds or up the m6 and along past carlisle , any suggestions ?

Little Lamb
    Participant

Hiya Ndc,

My geography is seriously poor so I’m not going to try and give you directions but I have heard loads of positive comments about BAS in Bolton (BL1 2TW). It’s supposed to be amazing but haven’t had the opportunity to get there yet. Something for you to consider though… /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Hope that helps a little

ndc
    Participant

cheers , keep them coming

dunc
    Keymaster

If you’re going to BAS you have to go to Pier Aquatics in Wigan. Superb shop.

ndc
    Participant

heard it had a good reputation, ill have to check how far it is, i may as well make a day of it though

keith565
    Participant

you got to go to pier, fantastic place, take your platinum card with you mind.lol. BAS has improved over the last year, so might well be worth popping into.

Matt
    Keymaster

Pier isn’t far off the M6 mate. Do it you won’t be disappointed. BAS tend to have a lot of interesting stuff but the quality can sometimes be a bit off. Aquahome in Leyland (my home town!) is right next to a motorway junction and was voted in the top 20 UK shops in the PFK awards jobby this year although I think they’re mainly marine.

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

Pier is worth a visit but top of my list would be Aqualife, Wyevale Garden Centre, 338 Southport Rd., Ulnes Walton. PR26 8LQ

Regards David

ndc
    Participant

looks like its gonna be pier then , cheers everyone

Matt
    Keymaster

By the way there appears to be a care bear on the forum. Who wants first kick? /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 9 2008, 04:52 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    By the way there appears to be a care bear on the forum. Who wants first kick? /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

ME!!!!!!!

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Another vote for Pier, but do not do what I did and ask for a centrepiece fish that would not upset my community tank, they sold me a flagtail and told me it would not get very big, it was only after i had got Big Dave home and actually looked him up on the internet I found out how big he can get!!! (ps. he is still for sale!!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.