LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sick Ct?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

as you can notice at the bottom one of the fins has something with it, like slime? do you know what it is? I’m doing water change every 2 days, the CT is healthy, full appetite and flares up normally

Matt
    Keymaster

It might just have nicked it on something and is shedding some mucus Karlos, although I’d wait for Keith before making your mind up based on my opinion.

Ps – can you resize your pic a bit? It’s MASSIVE!

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ May 21 2008, 07:49 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It might just have nicked it on something and is shedding some mucus Karlos, although I’d wait for Keith before making your mind up based on my opinion.

Ps – can you resize your pic a bit? It’s MASSIVE!

I was thinking fin rot as the dark tips came only with the mucus…

Matt
    Keymaster

Could justy as easily be a small cut that has developed a bit of fungus mate. Can you get a close-up?

Malti
    Participant

I’ll try…and does fungus shed itself? He had more than that little bit visible, and it fell to the bottom, looked like a blob of snot

Matt
    Keymaster

I have to say I’m no expert in fancy Bettas, having only kept the wild-types. What you describe does sound like it’s shedding mucus though. How’s it looking today? Oh and do you mean the dark tips around the tips of its fins weren’t there before?

Malti
    Participant

it looks fine, just abit of mucus there. nope the dark tips came after..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.