LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sick Rainbow Shark, Please Help?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Sick Rainbow Shark, Please Help?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cmoss
    Participant

I have had my rainbow shark in a large tank on his own for about 3 years now (hes about 5 years old.) He was fine last time i looked but has become ill sometime today.

The water levels are fine eg Nitrate level perfect and have been maintaining the tank perfectly too, changing a small amount of water every two or three days. Havent added anything new to the tank either.

He is now having to swim constantly to avoid floating to the top of the tank. I also saw him lying upside in his cave and on a seperate occasion in the last hour nose pointing directly down (lying in a north to south direction with tail at the north end) for a good few minutes behind the plants.

Just want to know what I can do to help.

Thanks

keith565
    Participant

not sounding good i’m afraid. i think probably old age as i think 5 years is about average for this kind of fish.
    all i can suggest is keep the filter low so he doesn’t have to work to hard to keep in a position he feels comfortable in and wait and see.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.