LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sinibotia Sp

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Just some pics of my Sinibotia pulchra that I managed to get this morning

Matt
    Keymaster

It´s a cracking-looking fish.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 14 2008, 09:27 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It´s a cracking-looking fish. /huh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:huh:” border=”0″ alt=”huh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Very pretty whatever they are mate. Can the different Sinibotia not be distinguished by fin ray counts etc. then?

Bluedave
    Participant

Fantastic pics of a very nice fish

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 15 2008, 08:20 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Very pretty whatever they are mate. Can the different Sinibotia not be distinguished by fin ray counts etc. then?

They more than likely can Matt but its finding the info in the first place that is hard, the problem comes from the fact that S. pulchra, S. superciliaris and S. longiventralis all look very similar and it will probably come down to some sort of count to be 100% certain, the only other problem is from the pictures I have seen of all these species the ray counts of the dorsal are all the same

Daspricey
    Participant

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ Aug 15 2008, 10:57 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    They more than likely can Matt but its finding the info in the first place that is hard, the problem comes from the fact that S. pulchra, S. superciliaris and S. longiventralis all look very similar and it will probably come down to some sort of count to be 100% certain, the only other problem is from the pictures I have seen of all these species the ray counts of the dorsal are all the same /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> not to mention your emporers!

As i said before stunning specimens!

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Daspricey @ Aug 16 2008, 06:26 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The main trigger was the water level rising significantly after heavy rainfall.

Could that be simulated by a significant increase in flow and a drop in temperature I wonder?

dunc
    Keymaster

Not sure I’ve ever seen such rounded loaches.. gorgeous fish

Author
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.