LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

small tank

Home Forums My Aquarium small tank

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  george 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

george
    Participant

Hey guys. I recently bought a new small tank, which holds 4 gallons of water. I started cycling it and am starting to think about which fish species I could stock it with. Any ideas? I also need some ideas for the plants and perhaps aquascaping. 

It’s a “long” tank and I have medium hard water.

PS: No siamese fighting fish please. I already have 2!

Catre
    Participant

4 UK gallons? That’s about 18L (less since the filter, substrate and decor will take up space).

Such a small space limits options alot!

How about a small group of male endler’s livebearers (http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/poecilia-wingei/) ? Make sure they are all male or they will breed like crazy.

george
    Participant

Oh no. I already have those in a 15 gallon community tank.

Can’t I have a pair or trio of some kind of killifish? Clown killifish maybe?

Bluedave
    Participant

not sure about the killifish but thats a tiny tank and not much suitable for it really. I had one of a similar size stocked with shrimp and 5 eyespot rasbora.

oaken
    Participant

A pair of Clown killifish would do fine in that tank, in my opinion. Make sure you have plenty of plants and you might even get some fry. Suitable plants could be various stem plants like different species of Hygrophila, Ludwigia and Rotala. You will have to cut them back every once in a while though as they will probably grow too long quite quickly. Other suitable plants would be mosses and also smaller variants of java fern.

george
    Participant

How about a scarlet badis and a few chili rasboras (boraras brigittae)? Or would that be too much?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.