LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Snails In My Tank

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Snails In My Tank

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sofia 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Sofia

Yeah…sorry. I realized and went off to resize it myself as well… Sorry about that :S

Anyway, that is the only type of snail I have, yes.

becca11
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Mar 26 2008, 03:05 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Becca yours are a different beast entirely…this is some species of Planorbis; usually referred to as Ramshorn snails. Personally I don’t mind having a small population of these in a tank; they will munch small particles of uneaten food and some kinds of algae. If the population is allowed to grow unchecked they can become a problem, though.

Alright. Thanks. I try to not let their numbers get too big, but they annoy me to no end being in my tank. (Yeah, I probably sound like some crazy person, but it’s one of those things that just piss me off. /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Well at least you both have the less invasive species. It’s really up to you guys whether you want to maintain a small population of these or not. They certainly won’t do any harm provided you cull them regularly.

Sofia

I am keeping a small population, as they seem to keep the algae at bay, but anytime I see one close to the top I take it out and throw it into the garden.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.