LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Some New Shots

Home Forums My Aquarium Some New Shots

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bully 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Bully
    Participant

So, we got the wife a new DSLR today for her to use on a photography course she’s started. I’ve posted these on PFK but though I would share here too /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> Even in the hands of the inept, better results are produced then I could ever manage with the compact. Especially since the success rate is so much higher. I can’t wait for the wife to learn how to use it properly so that she can teach me!

Bully
    Participant

Plaamoo
    Participant

Very nice Gareth! The first one got me a bit sentimental, looks identical to my sicyopterus that I lost last week. loved that fish! What camera did you get? Looking forward to more pics!!

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice one Gareth – love the E. canarensis and at last a decent shot or two of P. rhomboocellatus for the profile!

Bully
    Participant

Thanks Jim /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> I’m always sad when I lose a fish, in fact, the one in this photo was also lost at one point. I stripped the tank down to re-do all the rockwork and do a much needed head count by removing every fish from the tank (exc. the Etroplus, and I could only find 2 Sicyopterus. I checked just about everywhere you can check in a tank that only contained only substrate and a background, and there was no sign of it…..I was gutted. Two days later, there were 3 Sicyopterus out in the tank! Sneaky fellow

Bully
    Participant

Thanks Matt, those rhombo’s are the bane of my photographic endeavours, I swear it’s impossible to get any decent shots of them /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Jim I forgot to answer your previous question; we bought a Nikon D5000 kit, which comes with the 18-55mm lens /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Lovely pics Gareth /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Bully
    Participant

Thanks Mark

The full tank shots are pretty poor, need to work out how to do it properly

BallAquatics
    Participant

Great photos, thanks for sharing. It’s always a treat to see what others are keeping!

Dennis

Bully
    Participant

Thanks Dennis

Colin
    Participant

good shots

Bully
    Participant

Thanks Colin, I will have a play, a read of the manual (probably in that order /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Colin
    Participant

yeah lets see how you get on –
    so for example if you are using a kit lens 18 – 55mm and have it set at 55 you want a shutter speed of at least 55

cheers

Bully
    Participant

Right, that makes a little more sense /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Bully , fantastic pics of beautifully conditioned fish ,like Matt said the Barbs look awesome ! as do the Canarensis /huh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:huh:” border=”0″ alt=”huh.gif” />

Only one complaint no pics of those gorgeous Sids of yours /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.