LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Some Of My Fish

Home Forums My Aquarium Some Of My Fish

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

geoffkemp
    Participant

Biotodoma Wavrini

Probably my favourite Clichlid at the moment, he has bags of character prowling the front of the tank.

Hyphessobrycon amapaensis

Makes an interesting alternative to Glolight Tetras, the colours are a lot richer in H.amapaensis

I had a shoal of these about 18 motnhs ago, though lost them all in an almost tank wipe. Found these ones in another shop though

Tatia perugiae

They don`t live in the bag

Parotocinclus maculicauda

Hyphessobrycon Sp. Blue Ribbon Mato-grosso

Sorry about the quality of these shots, though I thought they were better than this

Attached files

dunc
    Keymaster

Well there’s a name from the past..

Matt
    Keymaster

Some nice fish there Geoff, especially the tetras.

geoffkemp
    Participant

I did attempt to introduce a couple extra to the tank, however the original picked them off. Though having said that he seems quite happy mixing with my keyholes.

Those shots were taken shortly after I bought him about 12 – 15 months ago. He has bulked out a bit since then.

Richy
    Participant

yes, nice fish there Geoff /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

ulster exile

Nice looking fish you have there

Eyrie
    Participant

Lovely fish and great photos

Matt
    Keymaster

Geoff Biotodoma are group species and they would not exist singly in nature, just trying to help. It does look a tad underfed there, too. Have you got any recent pictures?

geoffkemp
    Participant

I`ll have to get the camera charged first, as I`m not sure how old my latest shots are. Though he certainly eats a lions share of the food now.

I don`t know, but might have a bit of a boisterous one, as I`ve seen him “flare”, for want of a better word, at his own refelction, almost to the point of attacking the glass of the tank.

dunc
    Keymaster

Interesting Geoff /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

The flaring behaviour is normal. These fish develop social hierarchies in which an order of dominance is formed. The problem that occured when you added more specimens was most likely because that one fish now considers the entire tank its territory. Also ideally you need a larger group than three. How big is the tank? If it´s large enough to hold a group I would remove that solo fish briefly, re-arrange the decor then return it adding maybe another 4 or 5 at the same time. You will be rewarded with a far more interesting experience in terms of fishkeeping.

Sofia

Very nice fish

Neal-DA
    Participant

Hey geoff like your tetra collection!

Those “Tatia perugiae” are really cool looking, im going to be honest and admit iv never seen them before but im interested!

geoffkemp
    Participant

QUOTE (Neal-DA @ Jun 27 2008, 10:54 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Those “Tatia perugiae” are really cool looking, im going to be honest and admit iv never seen them before but im interested!

Cheers Neal, They are an interesting species, sometimes worth looking for “Centromochlus perugiae” as they appear to have two scientific names. I`m not sure if one is valid whilst the other isn`t, as at least on the “big catfish” sites, Ie Planet Catfish, ScotCat and also fishbase amongst others the naming seems to be split 50/50 between the two.

QUOTE (Matt @ Jun 24 2008, 11:54 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Do you breed these fish or just a particular passion of yours to collect them? There are some interesting species there.

I certainly hope to breed them at some satge, though I think I might need to move first

Matt
    Keymaster

Centromochlus perugiae is the current valid name for the cats guys.

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.