LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Some old Species

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Some old Species

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 8 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

during the years some lovely species were coming and going. actually I remarked the first neoheterandria elegans female changed to a male. I keep them as indicator for the “qualitiy” of a tank in almost all tanks exept the special ones as for e. okefenokee. they have the stunning capacitiy to release one juvenile fish after the other, depending on the total of the conditions they are living in. they dispose of the not uncommon “superfötation” too. not a bestseller round here, but I like them very much.

betta ocellata, the “trout” of fast rivers of Sabah, borneo are very interesting – and exellent jumpers! I lost almost all of them after a change of tank. they found the way through the 2×2 cm hole in the cover-panel. it’s a first class predator, shrimps are gone as if by magic

and a lovely small species, barboides gracilis, becoming yellow when well off

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Fantastic pics, and I’m really happy to have some of well-fed B. gracilis.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Great pics (we need a drool smiley)

torso
    Participant

I’ll ask Pascal where he did catch them exacly. and if he has some more specimen.
    gracilis went to a friend who told me lately that they have become very colourful. the small specimen of the last shipment are not as beautiful yet. and are going to the same place. I’ll have more infos soon. i’ll send you some more pics this weekend.

Colin
    Participant

Nice pics

torso
    Participant

I finally got the answer: Pascal found the ocellata near Kudat, Sabah

keith565
    Participant

ahhh, elegans, i had these fish many years ago. stunning little fish. not seen them about for ages. would love to get hold of some again.
    cracking pics again.

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.