LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Some Wee Fishes

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Some Wee Fishes

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Colin 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

Danionella sp.

Hyphessobrycon sp.

Sundadanio axelrodi

Neoheterandria elegans

Any help with the species ID for the danionella and tetra?

Attached files

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

I don´t think the tetra has got a name yet. Saw it in an issue of PFK where it just was referred to as Hyphessbrycon sp., think it was Heiko Bleher that wrote about it.

Colin
    Participant

QUOTE (Senor Bastardo @ Aug 6 2011, 02:45 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I don´t think the tetra has got a name yet. Saw it in an issue of PFK where it just was referred to as Hyphessbrycon sp., think it was Heiko Bleher that wrote about it.

That usually means it’s a brand new species then… /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Colin
    Participant

Graham, to start with these were coming in as Danionella cf. dracula but i think that the cf. can be dropped? where did you get them from? That would help ID

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

QUOTE (Colin @ Aug 6 2011, 05:47 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Graham, to start with these were coming in as Danionella cf. dracula but i think that the cf. can be dropped? where did you get them from? That would help ID

From Steve Spencer. They were bought as cf. dracula as you say.

Colin
    Participant

They are most likely from the same batch that we imported too, same initial supplier at least. Stefan has some of these… dont know if he ever finally got a definite ID?

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Aug 6 2011, 07:39 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    They are most likely from the same batch that we imported too, same initial supplier at least. Stefan has some of these… dont know if he ever finally got a definite ID?

Yes definitely dracula; Britz IDd them for me from pics and preserved material.

Colin
    Participant

Yeah, drop the “cf.” then Graham /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

well done!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.