LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

South American Goby Id…

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes South American Goby Id…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ste12000 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ste12000

Hi all, before i start id like to admit i know absolutely nothing about Gobies.. Ive never kept them or even read much about them. Im completely clueless.

I recently brought in several boxes of fish from columbia and for me the contaminants are the most interesting part of this proceedure.. I usually get a handful of nice tetras plus several small cichlids or catfish.. This time round i got a little oddity which i dont have the first clue what it could be. Two bags of fish went into the same tank and if could of come in with either, the first bag was Dicrossus filamentosus and the second Nannostomus minimus.

Hes a cute little fella..He’s tiny so ID is most likely impossible but i thought id share the pic anyway..

Matt
    Keymaster

Very cool! Looks like a Microphilypnus species of which two, M. amazonicus and M. ternetzi, are native to Colombia. Have a look here.

P.S. It’s an eleotrid, not a goby.

ste12000

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 22 2012, 08:06 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Very cool! Looks like a Microphilypnus species of which two, M. amazonicus and M. ternetzi, are native to Colombia. Have a look here.

P.S. It’s an eleotrid, not a goby.

You sir…. Are too good at this!

Cheers Matt, its a interesting little fish.

Its not really my thing and if anyone in the UK wants it free of charge they are more than welcome to come over and pick it up..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.