LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Species From Borneo

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Species From Borneo

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

as I got some “new” species from Borneo I took some pics and found these in my stock to start with
    Hemirhamphodon tengah a real beauty from the trade

Pascal brought some “new” ones from Borneo he had collected last week together with Michael Lo near Kutching/Sibu, Sarawak
    Betta brownorum in the photo-tank. a female? 3 cm length

colours are showing up in a 50x20x30 tank

Kottelatlimia pristes, 3.8 cm length

Kottalatlimia katik is really small – 1.5 cm – compared with the companions

a great day when I got them c=”style_emoticons/< #EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Attached files

Stefan

What a wonderful collection of fish!! All pictured brownorum look male to me? Envy you greatly; that species and I haven’t yet had the pleasure of crossing paths

Matt
    Keymaster

Great, great stuff Charles, especially love the K. katik.

oaken
    Participant

Nice!

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (oaken @ Jun 2 2011, 10:45 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nice!

Plaamoo
    Participant

Lucky man Charles! I was watching these on facebook as michael posted them. Did you get any gastromyzon?

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (plaamoo @ Jun 3 2011, 11:41 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Lucky man Charles! I was watching these on facebook as michael posted them. Did you get any gastromyzon?

no, Jim. conditions were to difficult for a transport. But they have found at least one undescribed species. pics may follow.

Thomas
    Participant

Stefan

Nice! I do recommend keeping an eye on the pH and hardness when keeping peatswamp Betta

andy rushworth
    Participant

Wow wonderful choices there Charles

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (Thomas @ Jun 3 2011, 02:09 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

torso
    Participant

an update
    k. katik are practically invisible. k. pristes is very activ and changing from the left part of the tank to the right, over a glas longside the tank. a vry curious chap.

some close-ups. nasal barbles are not so long as in k. katik.

and of course b. brownorrum.
    definitively one pair in the rigt tank. they do the tank-changing play as well. the living black mosquito-larvae seem to work. it’s difficult to take pics in that corner, it’s dark and the can is moving sligthly. and the snails were there within minutes. I seperated the eggs, fertilized or not … no fry up till now.
    as pics are rare …

Attached files

Stefan

Very nice pics! I was just about to say that you can leave Betta eggs in with snails until I scrolled down and saw the type and size of those snails – and refrained from saying what I had planned. If you have the oppertunity, put a pair in a spawning tank to have a bigger chance of success. Hatching eggs artificially can be challanging. Good luck and I hope it works out

The.Dark.One

Amazing pics and species

torso
    Participant

thanks for the flowers

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.