LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Speeding up the profile updates

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support Speeding up the profile updates

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Barb Man
    Participant

The possibility of giving prominent people from the community authority to contribute to making the profiles.

Possibly have some people write out some profiles in google docs or something of the sort and send them in for verification and so that the admin might add missed things.

I don’t know if any of this might work but I know that I could get some info on random fish in my lps and id them and compile info on them

If this makes sense please let me know and if anyone has any other ideas please add to this thread.

If anything of the sort is possible feedback from dunc or matt would be awesome too because I know that typing out profiles all day isn’t probably what you want to do

Matt
    Keymaster

I can say that in seven years running this site we have had less than five profile submissions by site users (all of which were used). We are ALWAYS happy to receive contributions in terms of species profiles, blogs, articles, photos, etc. and quite often receive offers of assistance, but for some reason the vast majority fail to lead anywhere.Confused 

Barb Man
    Participant

So sad I know everyone is busy with life and that is probably why so many people haven’t added profiles. I know also not everybody in the hobby is so involved in the scientific part and wouldn’t be able to provide sources. Most of the species that are common or popular are already filled out with lots of detail and I think that is also why people don’t help because they don’t keep wild fish from Malaysia or have a very good first hand account

Matt
    Keymaster

True, and the fact that the completed profiles are quite detailed is probably somewhat intimidating, too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.