LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Still On The Look Out For An Angel

Home Forums My Aquarium Still On The Look Out For An Angel

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thelizzious 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

thelizzious

Don’t get upset, I haven’t done anyting crazy (yet), but since I was Googling out info about Angel-fish I came across this list

Silver: This variety has body with 4 vertical black stripes.
    Zebra:This is a Silver variety with extra vertical black stripes.
    Black Lace or Zebra Lace: This variety has very attractive lacing in the fins.
    Halfblack Silver: This variety has a black rear portion.
    Ghost: This is a Silver variety with just a stripe through the eye and tail.
    Lace: This variety is without complete stripes. Ghosts generally have more iridescence than non-ghosts.
    Smokey: This variety has a dark brown/gray back half, and dark dorsal and anal fins.
    Chocolate: This is a Smokey variety with more of the dark pattern and sometimes only the head is silver.
    Halfblack Silver: This variety has a black rear portion.
    Gold: This variety is quite attractive, some will develop an intense orange crown.
    Gold Marble: This is a Gold variety with black marbling.
    Marble : This variety has more black pattern than Gold Marble does.
    Silver Gold Marble: This variety is Silver with some Gold Marble.
    Gold Pearlscale: This variety has a scale mutation. The scale have a wrinkled, wavy look that reflect light to create a sparkling effect.
    Koi: This is a Gold variety with some marbling, and a variable amount of orange.
    Sunset Blushing Veil
    Angelfish: On this variety the upper half of the fish exhibits orange, sometimes the body is a pinkish or tangerine, and juveniles have clear gill plates.
    Leopard: The young have spots over most of their body. Most of these spots grow closer in the adult.
    Blue Blushing: The body of this variety is actually grey with a bluish tint under the right light spectrum. An iridescent pigment develops as they age, appears blue under most lighting.
    Black Hybrid: This variety is very very and may look brassy when young.
    Lace: This variety is without complete stripes. Ghosts generally have more iridescence than non-ghosts.
    Albino: This variety lacks pigments The eye pupils are pink as in all albino animals

I am impressed! I had no idea that there were that many variety’s!
    The link to the page I found this on (you can kick me later, if this is not allowed, guys)

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/cichlid/angelfish.php

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Lizzy

The fish breeders of the Czech Republic have added deep gold and red (more of a very dark orange) to the list of Angelfish colour varieties. I have photographs of both varieities – in preparation for illustrating an article.

Regards David

thelizzious

Gosh, they sound almost…angelic. What would I have to do if I wanted to have them, but without any intention to breed with them, just to enjoy them?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.