LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Stocking 54l Aquarium

Home Forums My Aquarium Stocking 54l Aquarium

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fevz 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Fevz
    Participant

Since i moved my Dicrossus to my bigger tank i now have empty 54L aquarium with tetratec ex700 filter on it.

Since this aquarium is small for cichlids i was thinking of getting other fish in this box. I am currently thinking of loaches of any kind or some livebearers… or some other interesting fishes. I do not wish to have to small fishes like Rasboras.
    I hope you guys have some suggestions

Eyrie
    Participant

A 54L is on the small side for most loaches, but you could have a small group of 8-10 Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki in there. Ideally they’d prefer more space, but giving them plenty of nooks and crannies to explore will help.

Fevz
    Participant

They look cute. I thought to myself that loaches can be to big for this tank.
    What about Gastromyzon? Is it possible to make a 54L tank into a small high flow tank?

Fevz
    Participant

or what about Homaloptera?

Eyrie
    Participant

A quick look at the KB indicates that both would be fine in a 24″ tank. There’s a new book* out about balitorid loaches that may interest you if you go down that route.

Can’t think of any reason why you couldn’t set up a manifold in a 54L.

*Shameless plug for a fellow mod’s good work.

Jarcave
    Participant

I think some small Tanganyikan shell dwellers like Neolamprologus multifasciatus would be OK (just) in a well maintained tank. Is it a Juwel Rekord 60 by any chance? I have one and know it holds 54 litres hence the question.

A pair will be OK. You may get away with a male and two females. They’re easy to keep so take a look at them if you like cichlids.

Fevz
    Participant

No it’s actually custom made box. I have one 11W lightning bulb on it and a tetratec ex700 filter.
    I was thinking of those cichlids to, but i don’t know yet. I am hoping for some low maintenance aquarium where i could feed fish once a day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.