LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Stocking for 20 gallon?

Home Forums My Aquarium Stocking for 20 gallon?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Carapar56
    Participant

Well since apparently the fish database doesn’t want to let me do advanced searches and such, I thought I’d ask here. I was just wondering does anyone have any good stocking ideas for a 20 gallon aquarium with the dimensions of 24″ L x 12″ D x 16″ H? So far I’ve come up with the stocking of 1 Badis badis, 12 Corydorus habrosus, and 14 Trigonostigma espei. I like the stocking, sort of, but if I can come buy a gorgeous schooling or small centerpiece fish that’s uncommon but still available for purchase I may scrap the espeis or the badis.. I really wanted a bright centerpiece of maybe a German Blue Ram or an Appistograma species but all seem to aggressive or large to be housed alongside the pygmy cories, which I definitely want… Well I hope you guys have some ideas for me.. Thanks so much for reading.

Ohh I forgot the pH for my water is 7.6 and i’m looking for warm water species, somewhere between 76F – 82F. I want a small schooling fish that can be kept in numbers around 14 or 12 individuals, and a small centerpiece fish not exceeding a length of 3 inches.

You should get Inpaichthys kerri ‘superblue’. I have some in my home aquarium, and they are cool-looking fish. The males have a very bright blue, and the females are sort of purple (or navy blue).

I. kerri ‘superblue’  (female)

A good showpiece fish for your aquarium would be Aphyosemion australe. It would contrast to the kerri tetras, but it wont try to kill any of your fish.

A. australe ‘gold’ (male)

Matt
    Keymaster

@carapar56 said:
    Well since apparently the fish database doesn’t want to let me do advanced searches and such, 

Can you expand on the problem a little perhaps?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.