LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Stocking Plans: Feedback Welcome

Home Forums My Aquarium Stocking Plans: Feedback Welcome

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Eyrie 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Canadian Fish
    Participant

I got lots of stocking advice and suggestions from people and I have been using AqAdvisor to check size and filtration requirements for their suggestions and I came up with these two stocking scenarios for my tanks:

55 Gallon Community Tank

20 Gallon Community Tank

If anyone sees any potential problems or has some better suggestions for the inhabitants I have in mind, please let me know. Thanks!

Eyrie
    Participant

My opinions, but not my tanks

Canadian Fish
    Participant

Well, I can put all my platies in the 20 gallon for sure. My wife’s only request was the bleeding heart tetras. Maybe I could add some to the big tank if I cut it down to this:

Updated 55 Gallon

You’ll see I replaced the botia striata with a Red Tailed Shark. Think I could keep one RTS if I add him last, after the rest of the fish have matured into the tank, if I provide him with lots of hiding spaces, and no other bottom dwellers?

If not, are the botia strata strictly nocturnal, or will I see them during the day if I keep significant numbers?

Edit: What about YoYo loaches? Are they more likely to be active during the day than botia strata? The Rainbowfish will keep the top half of the tank busy, I’d like the bottom of the tank to be active during the day as well.

Thanks for the help!

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 25 2012, 04:16 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My opinions, but not my tanks

Eyrie
    Participant

Either the striata or the yo-yos would be a better choice than the shark, and either loach species will be active during the day. I certainly see plenty of my striata.

If domestic bliss is at risk, I’d pick one rainbow fish species and have 7-8 so that you can add 7-8 bleeding hearts. Got to be better than cold food and sleeping in the garage!

Canadian Fish
    Participant

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 26 2012, 01:06 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Either the striata or the yo-yos would be a better choice than the shark, and either loach species will be active during the day. I certainly see plenty of my striata.

If domestic bliss is at risk, I’d pick one rainbow fish species and have 7-8 so that you can add 7-8 bleeding hearts. Got to be better than cold food and sleeping in the garage!

Amen. Unless I wrangle my way into getting another tank so she can have her fish.

Eyrie
    Participant

No pics, because I’m hopeless with a camera, but they’re about 3-3.5″. Must have had them for close to five years now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.