LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Stunting In Cartilaginous Fish

Home Forums My Aquarium Stunting In Cartilaginous Fish

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jarcave 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

poshsouthernbird
    Participant

Hi All – have been following a thread on another forum where the question of stunting has been raised with regards to various species of shark. Seems to be some question over whether or not cartilaginous fish stunt in the same way as other fish – would be interested in hearing the opinions of anyone on here as I’ve taken on several goldies with stunting problems so I’m always interested in finding out more about it and how it affects other species /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Jarcave
    Participant

There was an article in a PFK magazine about keeping sharks in home aquaria. It was written a long time ago. Possibly as long ago as 20 years. I do clearly remember that the author stated that cartilaginous fish will continue to grow regardless of the size of their tank. But I cannot remember who wrote it. I quick google shows no results. It might be hard to find any definitive information unless you contact experienced shark keepers at public aquaria? Sorry I can’t be any more help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.