LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Tapatalk

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

racoll
    Participant

Quick question: is SF available for the Tapatalk forum app? I couldn’t find it when I searched from within Tapatalk. I’m having a hard time posting to the forum while using my Android tablet. Cheers!

Matt
    Keymaster

Nope. 😥 The forum software we use is a WordPress plug-in and the developers are apparently refusing to enable Tapatalk.

dunc
    Keymaster

Sadly it’s not as simple as “enabling”. They would have to write a lot of code to integrate Tapatalk with their forum software, and they’ve only had a couple of people asking. 

It’s free of charge, so I don’t really blame them.

Matt
    Keymaster

Ah, thought I may have over-simplified. Do not many WP sites feature a forum then?

racoll
    Participant

No worries chaps. Thanks for the quick reply.

dunc
    Keymaster

@matt said:
    Ah, thought I may have over-simplified. Do not many WP sites feature a forum then?

There are very few WordPress websites as bespoke as ours. The Simple:Press plugin is quite popular from what I can see on their support forums but it took me a long time and a lot of research to find it, so possibly not as widespread as it could be.

Matt
    Keymaster

Am really surprised there’s no WP forum plug-in with mobile capablity, surely only a matter of time.

dunc
    Keymaster

WordPress is blogging software. It has been adapted by ourselves and select few others to operate as a fully-functioning content management system because some of its features (user support, plugins, etc) are so good.

However, that’s maybe 0.000000001% of WordPress installations, so forum software (which is incredibly time-consuming to develop to a high level) would only interesting to a relatively small number of people. 

Couple that with a younger generation being more at home with social networking than forums and I don’t think we can expect to see a developer take on such a plugin with Tapatalk support – not just in the near future, but ever.

WordPress’ plugin functionality has existed for like 8? years now, possibly more. In that time, only two even remotely reasonable forum plugins have existed – this and bbPress, which is fairly hideous. BuddyPress on the other hand, WordPress’ own social networking plugin, is fairly feature-comprehensive and popular.

dunc
    Keymaster

@matt test

Matt
    Keymaster

Uhu, @dunc !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.