LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Tarifa And Conil

Home Forums Field Trips & Conservation Tarifa And Conil

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 8 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I managed to get away on a couple of trips before leaving Andalucia and this time I found two populations of Aphanius I hadn’t before; A. baeticus in the Río Salado where I’d previously failed and the southernmost population of A. iberus at Adra. Will post the latter in a separate thread soon.

We stopped briefly at the Río de la Vega as I’d been worried on my previous visit. Happily there was plenty more water this time:

I’ve shown plenty of shots of this habitat but never the place it’s in. Tarifa is officially the southernmost town in Europe and standing on this walkway (previously a road connecting the town with what used to be a military prison) you have the Atlantic on one side…

…and the Mediterranean on the other. The shadowy coastline with clouds atop in the distance is Morocco!

Attached files

dunc
    Keymaster

I recognise those places…!

Matt
    Keymaster

These pics aren’t from our visit though mate but yeah get your pics up! Here’s the Río Salado; this time I ventured a bit further inland and found the fish near a bridge where the river was partially dry:

Under the bridge the river ran dry and on the other side I didn’t find any fish at all, only small shrimp:

Young male of A. baeticus:

Some nice views across the Straits of Gibraltar and of the rock itself on the way home:

Attached files

oaken
    Participant

Nice pictures

keith565
    Participant

wow, lovely scenery.

philomel
    Participant

Thanks for all the great photos Matt – particularly the fish. I really must get out and investigate a few streams!

andy rushworth
    Participant

Beautiful scenery there Matty !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.