LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Teleocichla Sp.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Teleocichla Sp.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

These have grown from 1″ to about 3″ in the couple of months I’ve had them. Time for a serious spawning attempt soon!

Attached files

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah, they’re huge compared to when you first had them. Really interesting fish. Do they have any particular breeding requirements Matt, or is it just a case of conditioning the fish and making sure their water requirements are correct?

Matt
    Keymaster

Don’t know mate. I’ve asked around but no-one I know seems to have read a spawning account. I can see that some of the fish have an orangey area around the belly. These, i assume, are females. I’ve already added peat to the filter on the tank and this week I’m going to try a large water change with acidified water, see if that instigates anything. My main worry is that there’s a dozen fish in there so I’m not sure how long any fry might last. Will keep this thread updated as things happen.

Wargh

Nice picture and nice fish, Matt.

It’ll be interesting to see their breeding habits. Do you have intentions of writing a breeding diary or log?

Matt
    Keymaster

Hey Wargh thanks for the kind comment. Yep there’ll be a breeding log kept

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.