LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

These bugs are bugging me

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters These bugs are bugging me

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  oaken 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

george
    Participant

IMG_9457.jpgIMG_2371.jpgIMG_5518.jpg

Does anyone know what these tiny bugs might be? They appeared in both my tanks a few days ago, about two or three weeks after I added Libnobium Laevigatum to both of them. They don’t seem to be hurting any of the fish, but I just don’t like having them crawling around on the plants. They don’t seem to be able to swim, as they just stay on the surface plants and move frantically around without going anywhere when they let go. They are very short lived, because I can see tons of moults floating on the surface. I don’t think they’re related to water quality, because, my ammonia and nitrite readings are both 0, and nitrate is low (i do a water change every week).

The last picture is of one of my nerite snails. It’s been laying that way for about 5 days now, with part of its body hanging out of its shell. I prodded it, took it out of the water, and got minimal reaction from it. I’m pretty sure it’s dying and probably dead by now. Do you think the bugs have anything to do with it?

oaken
    Participant

I actually had these when I had Limnobium as well. I believe them to be aphids (plant lice) and I very much doubt they had anything to do with your snail dying.

george
    Participant

Did you manage to get rid of them?  Could they serve as live food for the fish?

oaken
    Participant

I never made a big effort to get rid of them, I would usually wipe them off and on to the water surface and yes, the fish can eat them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.