LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Tiger Barbs Getting Fruity

Home Forums My Aquarium Tiger Barbs Getting Fruity

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Ross
    Participant

Hi everyone.

We have just noticed that 2 of our Tiger Barbs seem to be kissing. they are nipping at each others mouths and gills. could this be a courtship or teritorail conflict?

We checked the knowledge base but it just dosent seem to have anything about it

Matt
    Keymaster

This sounds like a dominance battle between two male fish guys. In small groups tiger barbs will form a pecking order with one fish at the top and rival males will often challenge each other for that top spot. Definitely not love I’m afraid….

andy rushworth
    Participant

This activity is also known as sparring !

dunc
    Keymaster

Welcome back btw Ross, how’s everything going these days?

Matt
    Keymaster

Hehehe, check the thread start date sweetheart!

dunc
    Keymaster

BAH Botty

Matt
    Keymaster

That´s it, blame the new guy….while you´re at it you may as well nick his dinner money too /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Ross
    Participant

Hey everyone, it might be an old thread but im still checking in from time to time.

Everythings good over here, All the fish seem to be doing ok. Some of the guppies past away but we have a million babies to keep us going!!!!! We have got a small problem with some algee though but i was going to start a new thread about it. Still need to get some pics. :/ its completley covered the bottom with a green slime. changed water and sucked it all up too but it still just comes back

dunc
    Keymaster

Post in Matt’s thread about algae Ross, we’ll help you in there. Good to hear from you again

Reva
    Participant

I’ve seen my male rainbows do this after a water change. A water change to a rainbow means “oh boy it rained! Let’s have a spawning orgy!”

So I think it’s males thinking bad thoughts..right guys?

and by the way, everyone was nice to me when I didnt know that Leed’s was a CITY not a Dept. store /huh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:huh:” border=”0″ alt=”huh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Jun 26 2008, 08:11 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Author
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.