LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

To Make A Start…

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes To Make A Start…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Andreas Werth
    Participant

Hi folks ๐Ÿ™‚

I was in contact with Matt a while ago and revisited the site recently to see how this project developed. Well, one will find many boards about fishkeeping out there, but I guess the team here is very encouraged to provide a nice place with lots of informations around the hobby. So I wish you good luck to keep this place rocking ๐Ÿ™‚

Since I have specialized myself in aquatic photography, this subforum suits me quite well ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Therefore, to make a start, I would like to show some samples of photos I made this year. Iยดm always happy about comments and critics for further improvement…

Jewel cichlids (Hemichromis sp. aff. guttatus)

Snail Leech practising parental care… (Glossiphonia sp.)

Blue Discus (Symphyosodon aequifasciatus)

thelizzious

Absolutely breath-taking beautiful!!

oaken
    Participant

Yeah, very nice pictures!

dunc
    Keymaster

They’re superb photographs, Andreas. I’ve just managed to get around to making you a welcome thread here as our forum add-on wasn’t working properly! Feel free to get in there and introduce yourself /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

welcome and very superb photos!

Andreas Werth
    Participant

Do you mind divulging some information on your photography equipment? We have a number of photography enthusiasts on this forum

enthusiasts sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚
    Iยดm convinced that one can take great shots no matter what brand you are using, even with basic equipment, but not in all occasions.
    In 2004 I switched to digital equipment and actually Iยดm using a Canon EOS 40D. Usually – if asked – I suggest either Canon or Nikon for people who would like to start aquatic/fish photography seriously. Both brands have a great variety of excellent lenses (most important here are macro lenses) and – even more essential – both have a powerful system to fire flashguns cordlessly via infrared transmitter or master-slave combination.

do u have more of the snail leech?

yes, below you can see a snail leech hitchhiking on one of its victims (in this case a trumpet snail)

and you will find two more here.

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Hi Andreas,

Nice to see you here in this forum /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” />

Andreas Werth
    Participant

Hello Haji ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thank you, I already noticed some of your interesting postings and great Betta photos! As you may have read, I joined the club with Betta fusca ๐Ÿ˜‰

As for the micro photos, I hope to have time for some new stuff soon .

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas…breathtaking photos as always. /happy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”^_^” border=”0″ alt=”happy.gif” />

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.