LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Traumatic Day…

Home Forums The Lounge Traumatic Day…

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Sofia 10 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Bloody JDs.

Bought some Otos – decent size – to go with my juvi JDs. Realised it was a mistake as soon as I let the Otos in to the tank, the JDs started literally trying to eat them.

Biggest JD managed to eat one whole.. and got it stuck /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Also purchased some other fish for my brand new 4ft tank.. more details coming in the next few days

Malti
    Participant

wonder how u didn’t call your national emergency line

Matt
    Keymaster

Well glad the dempsey survived mate, sorry about the oto…

mickthefish
    Participant

you dozy b*gg*r Dunc,

dunc
    Keymaster

To be honest I didn’t even give it a second thought. I’ve read up about blue JDs and there’s never been specific mentions about avoiding keeping them with smaller fishes, alongside regular mentions of how mild they are [at least in comparison to the standard JD].

There’s a plec in there with them atm that they never even go near.. must purely be a size thing. It was only the biggest JD which was the problem. He’s happily swimming about now so I think, mostly thanks to Mr Ford, he’ll be just fine.

Eyrie
    Participant

Sorry to hear that.

Still, you know the old adage – if a fish is small enough to fit in another fish’s mouth, that’s where it will end up

Malti
    Participant

just found one of my SAE dead

ulster exile

Now that does sounds like a traumatic day Dunc. Poor wee oto!

Reva
    Participant

had to make you laugh in the other thread before i could get up the courage to read this one.
    I hesitate /huh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:huh:” border=”0″ alt=”huh.gif” />

they arent Spikey or anything Useful In Discouraging Huge Aggressive Fish /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” />

Reva
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Jul 22 2008, 07:27 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    just found one of my SAE dead /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

A parrot cichlid or two would cheer you up

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Reva @ Jul 22 2008, 10:28 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It’s such a drag..sorry Malti /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />

or a couple of more bettas

dunc
    Keymaster

No, I really didn’t think they’d even touch them becauusee..

.. blue JDs are les agressive than normal JDs – mine’ve never even exhibited conspecific aggression
    .. the Otos aren’t that much smaller than the JDs – I DEFINITELY didn’t think that even the biggest one could fit one of the bloody things in their mouth :/ (Though clearly it couldn’t fit it all in quite properly

Amy
    Participant

the blue JDs are cute but they are fat little big fishies now the biggest is noticably bigger than the rest of the JD’s now.

Richy
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your misfortune mate but I wouldn’t of put them in myself. Think of the final fish sizes, oto’s about 3.5cm and JD much bigger mouth n all /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Richy @ Jul 22 2008, 11:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune mate but I wouldn’t of put them in myself.

/wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” /> Live n learn, just glad my mistake didn’t cost me the life of my prettiest JD. RIP monsieur Otocinclus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.