LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Trigonostigma espei

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Trigonostigma espei

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ste12000

Ive been really busy with work, the fishroom and fish club committments for the last few weeks so have not been posting much online.. The fish are still breeding well and im still working on fish ive not done before..

Trigonostigma espei is one such fish, id spawned the black(or dark blue) version of Trigonostigma heteromorpha but no other rasbora species, at a club auction i picked up a group of 8 T.espei and several days ago finally got round to setting them up to spawn. They started the next day and spawned as a group, very entertaining to watch and frustrating to photograph. Ill be setting them up again soon with the aim of getting some better pics!

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

I found these to be easier to breed than T. heteromorpha. A shoal of nicely conditioned adults in a well planted tank is a magnificent sight.

Colin
    Participant

Yeah, I really like these too and bred them several years ago, also with plastic plants. Got some T. somphongsi in the pipeline to try. Never kept them before but keen to see if they will do well in low pHs for a new tank I am planning

ste12000

QUOTE (Colin @ Nov 9 2011, 09:38 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, I really like these too and bred them several years ago, also with plastic plants. Got some T. somphongsi in the pipeline to try. Never kept them before but keen to see if they will do well in low pHs for a new tank I am planning

ste12000

QUOTE (mummymonkey @ Nov 9 2011, 08:26 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I found these to be easier to breed than T. heteromorpha. A shoal of nicely conditioned adults in a well planted tank is a magnificent sight.

The males are stunning Graham, i was a bit shocked just how red/orange they turned whilst spawning!! Beautiful fish and nice and easy to raise also, they went freeswimming today and straight onto baby brineshrimp /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Colin
    Participant

Nice pic

Matt
    Keymaster

Love the T. somphongsi but it’s a species that should only be considered as a long term commitment imo. One day, one day…mutter…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.