LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Tropheus With Red Eye-ring

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Tropheus With Red Eye-ring

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  harnsheng 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

harnsheng
    Participant

Hey guys,

Does anyone have explanation on the eye-ring colors of Tropheus, in terms of variants/locality or even species? I saw a batch of Tropheus, that very much looks like Ikola, with larger spread of yellow. The juveniles have the same white dots just like T.duboisi fries. The thing that makes me wonder is the eye-ring color. I’ve done some googling and it seems that most tropheus (ie Duboisi) have white(silverish) eye-ring compared to the red one i saw in LFS.

Couldnt take any photos in the LFS though.. the only way is to purchase it. What’s stopping me is the real identity of the Tropheus. Dont want to end up with some weird hybrids.

oaken
    Participant

I am in no way an expert on Tropheus but as far as I know (and as far as google seems to know

harnsheng
    Participant

oh ops.. i state wrongly..

Yeah, but the marking of the fish in lfs doesnt really fit the ikola’s yellow.. could it be line-breed to produce more yellow ikolas? hmmm..

Some ikolas photos have white eye-ring while some have red eye-ring.. Hmmmmmm…

oaken
    Participant

Well, since they have the white spots I still don’t think they could be anything other than T. duboisi unless it’s a hybrid.

harnsheng
    Participant

Yea i think you’re right Oaken.. gotta choose slowly, not to impulse buying

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.