LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Unexplained deaths in Angel tank

Home Forums My Aquarium Unexplained deaths in Angel tank

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sahara 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

sahara
    Participant

Hi all, hoping somebody may have any ideas.  Over the last month I have lost 3 angelfish and 6 neon tetras in a fully planted, established tank. Substrate; gravel,  rocks and driftwood thoroughly sterilised, cleaned and cured before tank set up  There have been no additions to the tank, and no visible signs of disease or illness.  The tank was fully cycled and has been up and running for 6 months.  Water parameters are as close to perfect as I can get them.  I have just been losing fish one at a time over the last 4 weeks and I am at a loss to explain it.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

pH:6.5
    Ammonia:0
    Nitrite:0
    Nitrate:5-10
    Temperature:25 degrees Celcius

GH/KH:0-10/0
    TDS/Conductivity:
    Tap Water Parameters:
    Test kit used:API strip
    (Liquid or strip)

Tank Size:36 x14 x 18, approx 150 litres
    (Dimensions & Volume

Length of time set-up:6 months
    Filtration used:Fluval  300 L/hr, filter wool and ceramic.  6 inch airstone as well

(Type & media)
    Maintenance Schedule: 20 percent water change weekly, 50 percent monthly,  Marine Master dechlorinator and Ager, Filter media changed 80 percent monthly
    (Amount of water changes? How often?
    dechlorinator used? Filters cleaned? etc.)
    Detailed stock list:8 neon tetras 3/4 inch, 2 Angelfish 4 inch, 2 Corydoras 1 inch
    (Species, size & how many)
    Recent additions to tank: none
    (Fauna & flora)
    What fish are affected:Have lost 6 neons and 3 Angelfish over last month
    What are the symptoms: No visible signs of disease, fish just die, no fungus, no ich, no torn finnage

Treatment already used: Methylene blue, Melafix, Stresszyme.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.