LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Vampire Crab

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Vampire Crab

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Senor Bastardo 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Fishwife
    Participant

On my search for unusual snails, I’ve come across a Vampire Crab, I can’t find much info about him apart from he needs to live in a small aquaterrarium, but no information on how small.

I have an old Arcadia Arc, 12 x 10 x 10 ins 20 litre, would this be big enough? I know they are nocturnal so wouldn’t he need a light in his tank? If that’s so, how would the mosses survive? Would the aquaterrarium need a filter? Would a small sponge filter do? And could I keep snails in there with him?

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

Vampire crab Geosesarma sp. are terrestrial as you have stated. For just one you could probaly get away with that tank but remember that they also need access to water so it´s really stretching it with that tank. Mosses will live with just the ambient light from the room but wont look good.

The little fellows can be quite nast against one another so don´t try to put two in. I wouldn´t put any snails as they´d probabaly would end uo as food one pinch at a time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.