LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Vision 180 Stocking Choice

Home Forums The Lounge Vision 180 Stocking Choice

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sirkus 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Sirkus

I can never remember what i say in other threads even though there has only been 2 so far lol. Yesterday after coming home from a night out i found all my cichlids dead in one of my tanks, the rest of the fish were fine, seems as though the coconut i had added the day before poisoned them. so now i have some acaras dorsigerus left and a lone cyprichromis sp.. These are currently sitting in the 120l which i may leave them all in, im not sure.

Basically i need to decide what is going in which tank, so far i need to distribute these fish between the tanks

2 Brochus splendens
      3 Laetacara dorsigerus (1 pair in there too)
      3 Bumblebee cats
      1 Ctenopoma
      3 Ctenopoma congicum
      2 Reedfish
      2 Ancistrus
      1 Blue Phantom Plec
      1 Gold Nugget
      1 female Aphyosemion sp.
      3 Dwarf Puffers
      4 Pango Eels
      2 Blue Armoured Fan Shrimp
      4 Bamboo Shrimp
      2 Ottos
      6 Endlers
      3 Staetocranus tinanti

Im planning on one a slow flow rate, and the other slightly stronger, anyone got a plan of how to put this set of fish into 2 tanks?

Thanks
    Kris

dunc
    Keymaster

Ahh that’s a gutter about your cichlids Kris, sorry to hear that.

Soo, you wanna split that list of fish between a 120L and a 180L, yeah?

Sirkus

Yeah thats the plan, i forgot to add to the list the 4 orange tailed gobies which would be fine in whichever doesnt have big fish that will eat them (they’re only 2ins at the most).

I got some polished chinese dark pebbles to compliment the dark gravel i have in both and also to give the effect of varying sized stones like you would find on a river bed. il get pics soon.

Kris

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear about the losses mate

Sirkus

The dorsigera are showing off to each other as we speak hehe. i can sort out the Cyprichromis back into a malawi/tanganyikan tank so that isnt a problem.
    Its a mixture alright lol, no biotopes atm in my house lol. i do like the idea of them though. once i move it will definitely be an option worth considering. think im going to be moving alot of stuff now then. will the reedfish be ok staying in with the dorsigera? i really like them in there and they prefer the slower water that ive got in there. Il keep you posted on how it goes. thanks again.

Sirkus

The tank looks to be sorted now, just need a few crucial ingredients… background and the obvious…fish. ive posted in another thread which i think is probably more appropriate Juwel Vision 180

Sirkus

Well i went into lfs and found a rather nice danio, unfortunately, theyre too small to go in with the Ctenopoma atm, so they will have to grow up with the baby fish. there is 14 of them which were misidentified in the shop as pearl danios, i think they are likely to be D. dangila but there are a few photos that show it to have an eyespot? its definitely got the ‘moustache’.

dunc
    Keymaster

This is the moustached Danio, Kris (profile here).

Got any pics of your new Danio? We’ll see if we can help you ID it.

Matt
    Keymaster

Pics would certainly help. If they are dangila you’re a lucky boy as I’ve never seen ’em up here.

Sirkus

Il have ago at Iding them, atm theyr a little too fast to photo, will wait until they have calmed down (when im trying to get out of doing uni work). I’m only confused about them being D. dangila simply because they are lacking any eyespot behind the operculum that you see on photos but this may be due to them being juveniles (nearly an inch long)???

Matt
    Keymaster

What’s the patterning like Kris? I’ve seen a few new Danio species about lately…

Sirkus

Non of the ones at the shop were it. if you divide the sides of the body into 3rds, the top third has a slight irridescent sheen, the middle third in the anterior half is vertical ovals of blue with irridescent gold between (just like Lake Inle Danios) and then the posterior half is like D. aequipinnatus with the blotchy dots. the lower third is pretty plain and the fins have red on them. does that make sense?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.