LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Weather Loaches

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Weather Loaches

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Just adding a Paramisgurnus profile to the site and I think the correct translation for what you highlighted is actually ‘adipose crests’ Thomas?

Matt
    Keymaster

Hmmm see what you chaps think of these I found living close to Barcelona in 2008. They have adipose crests, are lacking a dark spot at the caudal peduncle and have reddish eyes. P. dabryanus?

Attached files

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Mark, I pick up your thread to post some news instead to start a new one, hope it’s ok.

I’ve got a female Paramisgurnus to my male. She’s 8cm.

I also bought a small pair (~7cm) of the “normal” weather loach, sorry for dirty glass.

The female (I hope):

The male:

The shipment was the typical mixture of Paramisgurnus and Misgurnus. Maybe I add a few more.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Of course Thomas! Mind if I ‘procure’ the photos for the relevant profiles?

Thomas
    Participant

Of course Matt, but if you wait a bit, I send you some better.

Matt
    Keymaster

OK, thanks.

Thomas
    Participant

So here is a better Misgurnus_male_pic. Including a snail /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers Thomas, will add that later.

Thomas
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 17 2011, 01:58 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ‘Schwanzwurzelsaum’ = ‘submarginal caudal stripe’?

I’ve take a look in Kottelat & Freyhof “Handbook of Europaen Freshwater Fishes”:
    Schwanzwurzelsaum = caudal peduncle with adipose crests

Thomas

Thomas
    Participant

You are right Matt (Post #16)..I was a bit late.

Matt
    Keymaster

Don’t worry Thomas I live in Spain so used to such things.

Thomas
    Participant

a few day ago I got some more of the chinese Cobitis wich I have since 2008. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/forums/index….ost&p=20818 In the shipment were also a few chinese Schistura and one Misgurnus. first I was sure it’s an anguillicaudatus, but when I compared it with my anguillicaudatus pics I’m not so sure anymore. The headshape looks different.

for comparing here is a pic of an anguillicaudatus (I think so till now

Any ideas? Are there any chinese Misgurnus papers available? I don’t know anything about the differences between the Misgurnus species. The origin of this Misgurnus could be Southchina (Province Guangdong ) because the first shipment of this Cobitis came therefrom.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas if I remember right from when doing the M. anguillicaudatus profile the majority of the currently-valid species are from northern China/Mongolia/Russia with M. mizolepis possibly the only one other than M. angullicaudatus to occur in southern China. Need to check this though.

Do you have the 2009 Ik-Soo Kim paper on the species occurring in Korea? If so there is some information about distinguishing M. angullicaudatus and M. mizolepis there, if not let me know and I’ll send it to you.

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Thomas @ May 15 2011, 06:28 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So here is a better Misgurnus_male_pic. Including a snail /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

This is Paramisgurnus Thomas?

Thomas
    Participant

I’ll send it to you. smile.gif

Yes please /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

And this

the quoted one is a M. anguillicaudatus at least a Misgurnus

Thomas

Attached files

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.