LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Went Fishing

Home Forums Field Trips & Conservation Went Fishing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  johnpeten 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

johnpeten
    Participant

This is not a very exciting part of the Lake for visual effects. The land either side is generally flat and mostly owned by a past Dictator and a present day prominent Politician. It is very sparsely populated. Towards the extreme western end it is divided into large cattle ranches.
    It is shallow generally no deeper than about 4 meters lined by dense banks of aquatic vegetation. An ideal habitat for young fish and the usual creepy crawlies. Our eel may be found here, it can reach almost a meter in length and is brown on top and white underneath. Locals are afraid of it but like eating it. This may be the Obscure Swamp eel but there is little known information about this creature. I will put the word out with a bounty on its head and one may appear.

The videos show the boys fishing in this area.

Attached files

P1250114.MOV (11 MB)  P1250116.MOV (6.9 MB) 

Matt
    Keymaster

It’d be good to get some pics of the O. aenigmaticum if you find one John. Google tells me there aren’t any decent ones online. Great pictures and video. Don’t those boys go to school?

Bluedave
    Participant

the school of life mate….. lol

johnpeten
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 29 2009, 12:05 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It’d be good to get some pics of the O. aenigmaticum if you find one John. Google tells me there aren’t any decent ones online. Great pictures and video. Don’t those boys go to school?
    Author
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.